Pregnant skin undergoes a lot of changes and cold winter weather doesn’t help, in fact it can be a bit of disaster! Icy winds combined with dry centrally heated air, will suck moisture from the top layer of your skin, leaving it feeling dry and itchy. To combat the colder days we usually turn up the thermostat, light the fire or spend longer in hot showers to warm our souls, but all of these can make your irritable skin even worse.
That is why we formulated our pregnancy body care products, packed with nutrients that replenish, revive and renew dry pregnant skin! One particular ingredient we include in our Mega Moisture Butter is Illpe Butter, this ultra rich, densely nourishing butter takes skincare to a deeper level. It works deep into the skin delivering nutrients that work on even the most sensitive of skins. The rich content of palmitic, stearic and oleic fatty acids found in Illpe Butter, quickly absorb into the skin bringing flexibility and elasticity to cells which is so important for skin experiencing a stretch due to weight gain or pregnancy. It also reinforces the lipid barrier of your skin, locking in moisture.
We’ve put together 5 tips for making the most of the Illpe Butter found in Basq NYC Mega Moisture Butter, during the winter months.
- Helping Hand – Every time you wash your hands remember to moisturize. The combination of water and dry air is a double threat for feeling dry. Illipe Butter has a high moisture content for instant relief and the rich texture locks in moisture. Remember to rub a little more Mega Moisture Butter into cuticles for added protection.
- Moisturizing Extra Dry Skin – Knees & Elbows get extra dry in the winter. Before bed, apply a thicker layer of Mega Moisture Butter and give your skin a deep treatment as you sleep. Add in Cotton PJ’s so your skin can breathe.
- Fabulous Feet – Once a week give rough heels a little help. Layer on the Mega Moisture Butter and wrap your feet in a warm towel. It feels fabulous and your skin will soften right up.
- Lovely Legs – Smooth away dry scaly skin and reveal gorgeous legs in the dead of winter. Sugar is where it’s at when legs get really dry. Remember, Salt Scrubs are terribly drying while a good Sugar Scrub , such as our soothing Skin Perfecting Sugar Scrub is perfect for smoothing dull skin. Then smooth on your butter. Prepped skin will drink it right in!
- Help for Hair – Even the healthiest hair can suffer from winter static. Smooth a little of the Mega Moisture Butter on the ends of your hair and leave it on over night. Wash out in the morning and your hair will thank you!