Have You Sorted Your Summer Skincare Routine?
It’s officially summer and even if mother nature has forgotten, that means long sunny days, warm evenings and dreams of sea view villas. It’s sounds postcard perfect! However this weather and humidity can spell T-R-O-U-B-L-E for sensitive, hormonal skin and is especially tricky for mums to be who are faced with things such as pregnancy melasma and blemishes that worsen with sun exposure. Hot weather also makes things such as swollen feet and legs even more uncomfortable.
If this sounds like you, fear not, we’ve put together our top tips for making sure your skin behaves this summer!
- First things first, keep your routine simple and stick to it
- Add regular exfoliation to your cleansing routine to sweep away dry skin, impurities and areas of patchiness.
- If pesky blemishes keep appearing, use gentle and natural astringents / toners to regulate, clean and tighten pores without over stripping.
- Avoid heavy moisturisers that can clog pores and worsen blemishes
- Protect your skin with an effective SPF and wear a big hat and sunnies to keep your skin shaded.
- Gently buff your body using our Skin Perfecting Sugar Scrub weekly to calm irritated skin and remove dead cells.
- Moisturise daily using our omega rich triple butter blend Mega Moisture Butter to deeply hydrate and calm irritation
- Rub basq Cooling Body Bliss into your lower legs and feet to cool the body and reduce swelling and puffiness.
Remember that pregnancy often leaves your skin more sensitive to the elements and it is important to take steps to protect and nourish it during the summer months.